If I want to send someone a piece of my screen this is what I currently do:
- PrtScr or Alt+PrtScr
- Open Paint.NET
- Paste the screen shot
- Make a selection
- Crop image to selection
- Save image to some location - and remember it!
- Go to some image hosting site (there are plenty of them in the days of Twitter)
- Click their "Browse" button
- Browse for the image if I happened to remember the location where I stored it :)
- Upload the image and obtain the link which I can share
This is simply too many steps. I don't usually mind doing steps 1 to 5 but especially steps 6 and 9 are annoying.
Jing is pretty close to what I'm looking for but I find their horrible URLs unbearable. If there was something with similar functionality but better or pluggable hosting, that would be great.