Consider a Windows 7 64-bit host where the VirtualBox guest is configured to use Bridged Adapter.
An exception is raised when starting this guest machine:
Failed to open/create the internal network HostInterfaceNetworking (VERR_SUPDRV_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND)
Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
What resolution is there to this problem for Bridged Adapters in VirtualBox?
The solutions attempted:
- changed Adapter Type to all available choices. No changes.
- uninstall VirtualBox, reboot host, re-install VirtualBox. No change in behaviour.
- edited the machine's .xml file, wiping out all
<Network> <Adapter>nodes. Had VirtualBox re-create those nodes. No change.
- creating brand new guests shows no different behaviour; still receive this error.
- multiple-of-8 as the RAM allocated to the guest (differing from this screenshot).
- Oracle VirtualBox 4.0.12
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows Firewall is turned off on the host.