all. I'm unable to make my router perform a hardware reset, and I cannot understand why. The router is a WRT54GC (the little one).
All was working well, except that my iPhone could not connect to the wireless. I found that the router was only allowing AES encryption on WPA2 Personal mode, so I upgraded the firmware. I updated the firmware to Ver.1.06.1, and everything went screwy.
- The router is no longer showing up in the WiFi list (as Linksys, or its previous network name).
- Wiring into the router gives me an IP address from my ISP (24.121.121.XXX).
- Attempting to do a hardware reset, but the power light never starts flashing and the router does not seem to reboot.
- My machine wired in is still online with no interruption in WoW.
- Pulling the power cord to force a reset returns it to the same state.
I even went so far as to pull up my previous IP address (from DynDNS) and try to connect to that, but it wont even ping.
What I'm trying to find out is: Did the new firmware fry the thing, or is there some way to fix this?
Thanks in advance for any help.