Since the author has no objections,Why not this:
- Open the pdf in Adobe Reader.
- Open the document in full screen (
Ctrl+2 to get a preferred view. The page may not be completely displayed.
PrntScrn to copy to clipboard, paste it in MS Powerpoint
- Back to Adobe Reader, scroll to the "second half"
PrntScrn again to copy to clipboard, paste it in MS Powerpoint
- Crop and join (place one after another) as required
- Select both the pictures,
Right Click -> Group
Right Click -> Save as picture
- Insert this picture in your Word doc.
Advantage: You dont need need "new" tools or software (Since you have MS Word, I assume you have Powerpoint also)
I always use Powerpoint in these situations because it has this "Save as picture" feature.
You may also use Paint.NET for the "crop and merge"
I donot recommend MS Paint, the pictures can turn out to be low fidelity or of vary large size. (I have not used the Windows 7 version of paint)