Serviio is a relatively new one.
Serviio is a free media server. It allows you to stream your media files (music, video or images) to any DLNA-certified renderer device (e.g. a TV set, Bluray player, games console or mobile phone) on your home network.
Serviio uses a priority-based metadata extraction so that you can choose what metadata should describe your media files (e.g. audio track name, DVD cover, TV series and episodes names, etc.). These include metadata embedded into the media files themselves, locally stored metadata files (images, Swisscenter, XBMC, MyMovies) and metadata that can be obtained online. With this powerful tool you will be able to build your Serviio media library easily and effectively.
Serviio enables playback of online resources like RSS feeds so that you can listen to your favourite podcasts or watch latest TV programmes published online.
Serviio works with any DLNA compliant device (TV, Playstation 3, etc.) and some other (XBox 360). It supports profiles for particular devices so that it can be tuned to maximise the device's potential and/or minimize lack of media format playback support (via transcoding).
Serviio is based on Java technology and therefore runs on most platforms, including Windows, Mac and Linux (incl. embedded systems, e.g. NAS).
Amongst a lot of renderers and file formats It supports the following features:
- streams audio, video (SD & HD) and image files in their native format or transcoded in real-time
- streams content from online sources, like RSS feeds
- includes a plugin system to support streaming from non-trivial online sources
- automatically udpates the media library when you add/update/remove a media file or a metadata file
- wide array of localized library browsing options
- supports different editable renderer profiles
- supports automatic renderer detection and per-IP profile assignment
- extracts metadata of your media files the way you want it, incl. embedded metadata tags, local metadata files, online metadata sources (in preferred language), XBMC, Swisscenter
- supports video thumbnails, CD covers, DVD posters, etc.
- categorizes video files into movie and/or series and marks last viewed episodes of a series
- available for Windows, Linux and Mac (with the possibility to run the server part one one platform and console on another)