Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Which tool should I use to convert between various Unicode characters?


  1. Between various looks: Normal, Fullwidth.
  2. Between one-character and combining versions: ў (d1 9e) <-> ў (d1 83 cc 86)
  3. From usual character to "subscript", "superscript" and "Combining" versions. Normal: i Sub: Super: Combining:_ ͥ

Just unicode tools helps, but it is not convenient to use for finding that characters.

P.S. normal to fullwidth onliner: perl -C63 -pe 's/(.)/((ord $1)<127 and (ord $1)>32) ? chr((ord $1)-0x20+0xFF00) : $1 /ge'

share|improve this question

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.