I was given this comp at work and after a week or so this strange thing started to happen in the middle of doing something :-(
It turns off itself at about 9.10am every morning
Just once a day and it works fine after it had it little nap.
- it happens both if the comp was on all night or I turned it off before leaving the office.
- I tried to swapped the memory as I was told that there was an issue with memory. But moving or removing any memory did not make any difference.
I am not aware that I would install any program that could cause that. I installed AVG and set it up to do every day scan about 8am + if restart is needed it requires user confirmation.
'The Software Protection service has stopped' few minutes before it turned off itself but it happened also at other times without the computer turned off.
- I turned off Windows automatic updates as the first thing when I got the comp
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 at 2.8GH, 8GB RAM
- ST31000528AS Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 3Gb/s 1TB
Below message are logged when I turn the comp on again.
The previous system shutdown at 9:08:54 AM on 6/29/2010 was unexpected.
- Source: Kernel Power
- EventID 41
- Task Category (63)
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Log after manual restart
Update 2 (task scheduler)