Windows XP SP3 machine. Every so often (sometimes several times a day) my keyboard (or Windows, or something) decides that it is going to translate the keys I am typing. It's always the same behavior: Specifically
- Q and A are transposed.
- W and Z are transposed.
- the digit keys (the row below the F1-F12 keys) become random punctuation characters.
and several other random shuffling of keys occur. Interestingly:
- the numeric keypad still works
- the corruptions are always associated with a particular application. Exiting the application (e.g. Delphi, or Chrome), and restarting the app. cures the problem.
- the same problem occurs on my laptop at home, I guess because I run the same apps.
- Ctl-Q and Ctl-A are also transposed
I'm convinced that something I'm running is trashing something but I have no idea where to look. I'm hoping someone reads this and says "oh yeah..."
Yes, I have AV software running.