I'll be buying a new computer in the next couple months and want to understand the dual/duo/two CPU issue:
- Core Duo CPU (is this one "duo" CPU or two?
- Quad Core (four cpus?)
- Dual CPU (two cpus?)
- 2 CPUs (does this always mean two physical chips?)
I can look these up on Wiki, etc. but it's just an explosion of new terminology. What is the simplest way to understand this "two CPU" thing for someone who:
- is a developer and wants to begin testing out e.g. threading issues on two CPUs
- does not play video games
- will be doing screencast recording (camtasia)
- want the computer as fast as possible, e.g. 20 applications open, constantly downloading, streaming music, videos etc.