I am looking for command line backup tool for Mac OSX. The features I am looking for:
- preferences for a backup are stored in a separate "profile" file so that one codebase can do more than one set of backups
- backup destination can be locally attached drive, over ssh...
- email notifications
- automatic clean up of old backups
- MySQL backup
will preserve Mac OSX metadata
I have tried the following tools:
- RubyGem Backup rubygems.org/gems/backup
- mlbackup maclemon.at/mlbackup
If you know of any others please post the address and any experience you have had with them.