Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Hey all, so I have an HP dv9700 notebook that apparently has a defective graphics chip. It's all over the net and HP ain't paying for the repair. I'm looking to see if I can get another motherboard to replace it - either the exact same one or a different model that will fit in my chassis. If that's not possible, is there anyway I can utilize the LCD screen? Also, can anyone recommend me a place to get replacement parts? Thanks!

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, random Jul 3 '10 at 4:46

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Purchasing advice is off topic for super user. – Daisetsu Jul 2 '10 at 23:14
As Daisetsu points out, purchasing advice is off-topic. Also if you want to know if you can utilize the LCD somehow, you may want to ask that as a separate question, with more specifics on how you want to utilize it. – Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007 Jul 3 '10 at 4:23

I would only get a replacement from HP, otherwise consider replacing the Laptop.

To contact HP in North America call 1-866-671-7362 from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm MST, 7 days a week.

Ask them if your Laptop is covered by the Limited Warranty Service Enhancement, if not they will quote you prices for repair.


share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .