Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a hard disk that was partitioned (recovery and standard boot partition) but somehow became corrupted and I only see a single partition.

Can someone recommend any free software that will restore partitions back to their original state.


share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

There are lots of options for this, however I'd recommend this Bootable CD It's ideal and will do everything you need.

If you search this forum you will find quite a few similar questions with lots of answers...

share|improve this answer
I use UBCD and found testdisk on it which worked brilliantly. Thanks – Belliez Jul 4 '10 at 14:57

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.