When I go to various sites I believe Firefox is informing the site that I am some other language which causes certain headers to look like they should be in a different language. To me they look like latin characters or something; however, my intuition tells me that if i had the correct charset it would show some other language.
Furthermore, on one occasion when i went to: groups.google.com/group/cake-php Google forwarded me to: http://groups.google.ch/group/cake-php
Even when I correct it to the .com the header area reads in that odd character set.
A better example is CakePHP.org... When I go there every header, including the main header reads in this odd charset, while the other text reads normally.
My language in ff is set to english en/US and the only other language i have installed is en...
My charset is set to unicode UTF-8...
This doesn't happen in chrome or ie so it is not a machine or IP thing.
I have a feeling this may have started when i was messing with translations on facebook.