Hello I have a two way synch scenario:
- multiple archos android client devices (we plan to have up to 100 of them) that need to update small files (little txt logs) to a central server
- central server (could be either win or linux) that needs to distribute new content (some big files like photos or video) to all android clients
- both the server and all the devices are under wifi
- at the end of the day any android client will be connected via USB to their docks for further synchronization.
I have to design and implement the synchronization system for that scenario.
I thought about using Git or UNISON in some sort of automated way and investigated a few hours about them. The communication needs to be two way and when the server distribute its content to all the devices the communication doesn't have to hang up.
- do you have any hint/pros/cons/real scenario about GIT for this purpose?
- Could the decentralized nature of Git help in some way? In other words could an updated device become a master for other clients in a sort of multi-master mesh networked solution?
- do you have any other protocol/technology to suggest me?
Please note that since an internet connection will not be available, a Dropbox is not an option for me.