I'm trying to install CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5.
Each time it appears to be installing, green progress line growing, percentage count until it reaches 99%. It pauses for quiite a long time then
'Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time please run setup again. 'Fatal Error during Installation'.
I've tried all the suggestions from both Corel and Microsoft but nothing has worked so far. Things like:
- cleaning out temp files,
- shutting down firewalls and virus checkers
- Disabling startup items and all services except MS.
- copied the files from the DVD to the HDD and installing from there
All to no avail.
To make sure there's nothing wrong with the files I have installed it on an older machine here running XP sp3. It installed without any issues. I also installed it onto my daughter's machine. She is running Windows 7 too. No issues there either.
My specs are as follows:
- Intel core i7 860 @ 2.8GHz 2.00 GHz
- 4 GB Ram.
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- 500 GB HDD (with 300GB free)
- Gigabyte P55-UD3 Motherboard.
This is a genuine product straight out of the box. It says on the box that it is 32-bit and 64-bit.