I am searching for a command line alternative to rar.exe from winrar which supports the multitude of options that rar.exe does, preferably one that is open source.
Specifically, I am searching for a program that supports at least the following options:
- "freshen" when unzipping, i.e. overwrite existing files only if they are older than the ones in the zip
- move files in a zip ( zip and delete original if succesfull)
- zip only files with archive attribute, remove archive attribute
- zip only files newer than x / older than x / smaller than x ...
- when updating an archive, keep previous versions of each changed file within the same archive (rar -ver[n])
- set which part of the relative path should be included when compressing or extracting
The most complex free tool that I found, 7zip, only supports very few options (unless I am missing something).
The disadvantage of winrar is that it is shareware, and its command line tool cannot create anything besides rar format (One can use many of the command line switches with the gui winrar, but then there is no console output).
Is there a free alternative that can do it all?