Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I wanted to get a gift for a friend, one of his old favorite games. The problem is, he doesn't have a TV, only computer monitors. (DVI+DSUB) I would like to get him a Playstation that can hookup to his monitor for video and speakers.

I was looking at this converter, and not sure if this is what I will need.

I don't understand if sound comes in on VGA or USB or if this idea is even possible.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Simon Sheehan, slhck, 8088, Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Nifle Oct 31 '11 at 8:48

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Which PlayStation are you getting? PS1, PS2, or PS3? – Hello71 Jul 15 '10 at 22:20
Sorry for the ambiguity, it is for PS1 – Danny Jul 16 '10 at 6:48
up vote 1 down vote accepted

No the linked device won't work - it isn't a converter. It is a media player, it will display your pictures video's etc. on USB drives on your TV.

However this RCA, S-VIDEO, VGA TO VGA Converter will.

share|improve this answer
Wow, thank you. It even had a link to a 3.5mm adapter for sound. Thank you shf301 :) – Danny Jul 16 '10 at 6:48

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.