Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have used Firefox for many years and really love the vertical tab tree. Now I want to switch to Google Chrome and read they are working on a vertical tab bar too.

How can I get this to work?

PS: The vertical Tab Bar extension is not appropriate because it doesn't replace the normal tab bar.

Edit: installed development version 6.0.466.0 dev.

share|improve this question
Uhm you cant? :) – Shiki Jul 18 '10 at 18:35
They are working on it, so it probably is not finished yet. Maybe you could try Chromium (the developer version of Chroem) to see if it has it implemented. Besides the extension I don't know of any way to do this... – Tom Wijsman Jul 18 '10 at 18:35
@Shiki but someone did it: ;) – fschl Jul 18 '10 at 18:42
The instructions to make that work are on that forum. I can't guarantee that it'll work for you, but it's worth a shot... – Thomas Owens Jul 18 '10 at 18:57
Oh sorry. Well... it's not really vertical, it's like a feature show off. Won't even worth the try. – Shiki Jul 19 '10 at 6:08
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I am currently using Chrome 6.0.466.0.

To enable "vertical tabs" you have to add


Right click onto a tab and select Use side tabs.

alt text

share|improve this answer
An screenshot would be nice – OscarRyz Jul 19 '10 at 17:04

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .