Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am thinking of getting varifocal glasses however I have heard that they may not be suitable for long term pc use. Does anyone have any experience of this?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Nifle, random Jul 21 '10 at 19:52

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

up vote 3 down vote accepted

They are OK for quick/short uses of the PC but not suitable (to my oppinion) for long uses like full working days et cetera.

Because the "reading" part of the glasses is on the lower side, you will tilt your head up (as in looking at the ceiling) to read the highest parts of the screen. Resulting in an uncomfortable neck / eyes.

It makes sense when you think about it, The varifocal part is meant for reading things like books which you hold flat (horizontal) making it perfect for varifocal glasses. Computerscreens however are vertically positioned.

I recommend getting special "computer glasses". worked like a charm for me :)

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .