Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

how can I make a transition like this with photoshop ?

I need to merge these 2 images

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

How about using masking (layer masks) to achieve the above effect? This tutorial is not really what you want but it demonstrates how to use masks, or a this tutorial would be more appropriate.

share|improve this answer

Have you tried using the Blending Options?

Right click on the layer, select Blending Options, then Gradient Overlay. Try having a play about with that, might be what you're after...

share|improve this answer
yeah I've tried. I actually want to make an image to be completely visible on the left and to completely disappear on the right. thanks – Patrick Jul 24 '10 at 13:35
You could use the Gradient Tool for that? – ing0 Aug 2 '10 at 14:03

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .