I'm trying to install solaris to a computer without cdrom.
here is what I have now:
- solaris10 iso got from the sun site(grub installed).
- a running archlinux x86_64 installation.
- a running Windows 7 x86 installation with Cygwin (though..I guess it may be not that useful?)
and here is what I have tried but failed:
- unetbootin (a tool that write Linux iso's to USB drive, solaris is not on its support list). after boot from the USB drive, I got some "corrupted kernel" error from the grub.
- manually extract files from iso to vfat-formatted USB disk, and try to install grub(0.97) on it under Linux. but grub says some "bad stage1/stage2" stuff.
did someone succeed such thing?I mean, write the content of iso to USB disk, ans install solaris using it.
hints/tips/advices are also welcome.