I am looking for an app that will help me manage my notes, and after coming across Org-mode, I was wondering whether Org-mode's functionality is strong enough that it can remove the need for me to use another note taking app (because org is more of a task management app), such as Evernote.
My wishes for a note taking app are:
- can be accessed offline in some form, eg through an iPhone app or desktop client
- Org-Mode and Evernote can both do this, however it seems like MobileOrg is more aimed at tasks, rather than notes? If this is the case, I probably would use Evernote in addition to MobileOrg.
- I can clip web content into easily for research
- Evernote has the browser extension, how is it with Org-Mode? I know I can use c-c c-l, but how suited is it really for taking notes on stuff I am browsing in Chrome/Firefox?
- has voice notes on the iPhone and computer too, if possible
- Org-Mode cannot do this on the iPhone, on the computer could I record audio externally and then link the files in?
- I can add notes too on my iPhone & computer while not connected to the internet
- both can do this.
The types of notes I am likely to have include: howtos/things I have learnt, documentation on my setup/stuff, research on things I may do in the future, ideas, and task specific notes. I have thought about where I would want to access each of these notes and will post that here if you think it would help.
So, is Org-mode strong enough in note-taking and the requirements I listed that I can avoid the need to use a separate tool for taking notes?