Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

is there any way to wrap the text in photopshop ?

I have to add new lines to format the paragraph. I was wondering if I can wrap it by dragging a container.

I use Photoshop CS5

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

You can create a text box by dragging out a rectangle with the text tool and inserting your text. The text will wrap within the box.
To resize the box, click in the text and the text box will be displayed. Hover the mouse over one of the corners until the cursor changes and you can then resize the box and the text will wrap within it.

alt text

share|improve this answer

I am not 100% sure if you can do this, because its not a word processor.

Moving the text to the next line actually gives you more control over the placement of your text.

If you are creating a new text box for a new line, that is not needed, just press ENTER when you get to the end of the image canvas to move the next word to the line below.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.