I am a little confused on the sharing capabilities of the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client for Mac. I know you are able to share local resources including drives or folders, but I am not sure if the sharing happens inside your remote desktop world, or in your local computer.
Let me rephrase this last sentence to obtain better answers.
Use Case 1:
- I open RDC from my Mac to connect to Server 2003
- I log in and get the remote desktop
- I open my computer icon inside the server and I am able to see my local drives in my Mac.
Use Case 2:
- I do steps 1 and 2 from Use Case 1
- I see an additional drive inside my Mac desktop giving me access to my server drive.
Which ability do I get with RDP client for Mac? Is it Use Case 1 or 2 or both?