I'm looking for a software that will help me backup a server with 5TB of data. My wishlist:
- Backup on 1-2TB SATA disks
- Should need little to no configuration (just the directories to backup and the slot of my RAID system where it can find a backup disk)
- No or smart compression (most data is audio and video files)
- Easy restore of all data
- Backup should start by switching drives
- Software should make sure that the backups are redundant enough (so that failing sectors of a disk don't mean data loss)
- When I rename/move a file, it should notice and just record the change (instead of backing up the whole file again). Or maybe automatic deduplication.
- Spin down the backup drive when it doesn't need it to extend disk life
- It should keep deleted files for a period of time but I also need an option to purge files more quickly
- I'd prefer if it kept files together (so if they are in the same directory, they should also end up on the same disk). Maybe it should use two backup disks: One with all incremental changes and then one with an archive.
Anything you could recommend?
[EDIT] I'm on Linux :-)