Windows 7 64-bit freezes whenever there is a LAN connection to my desktop PC. My PC has a Core 2 Quad processor, 4GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 1GB.
The symptoms are as follows:
- When another computer in my LAN network tries to access some files on the problematic PC, it works properly for about ten seconds and then eternally freezes. (mouse cursor also freezes)
- I have tried setting up a PS3 media server on this PC to stream music and videos; my PS3 can read the files for a moment, say around ten seconds, then my PC freezes. This freeze also crashes the network and everything. It doesn't unfreeze no matter how long I wait.
- During these freezes, even my mouse cursor is frozen when I move the mouse. I can't do anything, including opening Task Manager since the PC no longer receives any input. The only thing I can do is to push the restart button.
- My Internet connection works well.
- The LAN connection between other computers not involving the problematic PC seems to work well.
- All devices (PC, notebook, PS3) are connected via the same wireless router. At this point, I think the router has nothing to do with this problem.
I have had this problem for a long time. Any suggestions would be appreciated!