I have a wireless 802.g adsl modem-router (SAGEM F@st 3464).
The connection signal is great (4-5 lines according to windows) however when you try to connect it just says that there is an error (no specific info).
Very rarely it actually manages to connect, it stays on for a few mins or less (30 seconds?) and then disconnects.
I tried many different approaches:
- tried different wlan adapters
- used static ip
- tried no encryption/wep/wpa
- made sure no mac filtering was enabled
- changed the ssid channel (1, 2, 10)
- disabled ssid broadcast (you have to type the name of the ap yourself)
- ran windows in safe mode
One thing I noticed is that the connection bandwidth varies. On the few occasions I managed to connect I tested the speed. The readings varied from 3 mbs down to 7 mbs.
I have no idea what the problem is. Someone who might have an idea please help me.