I'm very unhappy with my mail experience. I'm receiving a lot of mails from various clients and projects and need a way to better organize them. I would really love to have additional grouping-functionality with the e-mail client. Currently I'm using Mac OS X's Mail.app, but I am not bound to this. So I am open to any Mail.app-plugin or independent mail application commercial or not for Mac OS X -- should support IMAP, though -- but I think this should not be a problem nowadays? With Mail.app i'm doing the following:
- group by thread
- sort by datetime descending
What I would love to have is not only additional tagging-functionality for e-mails -- I know, that at least thunderbird and postbox support them. I would love to have some additional grouping functionality for these tags -- inside the main mail window.
So maybe I can summarize the important points:
- "native" Mac OS X mail client (no web-mailer please)
- automatic-tagging functionality (eg.: auto-apply tags by some kind of filter)
- easy access to tagged mails
Easy access to tagged mails:
- I would really love to have some additional grouping functionality in the mail folders. The mail application should put all tagged mails in a group -- the groups should be sorted by last received e-mail. Inside the group I would still like to have the possiblity to group by thread.
- It would be ok to have a list of tags (topics) on the left pane of the mail client. For example postbox: There is the 'accounts-section', there is the 'folders-section' -- but why is there no 'topics-section'?