Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I used to use the Automate -> Photomerge option in Photoshop CS3 to stich photos together. Is there an equivalent function in the latest version of Gimp? If so, how do I access/use it? If there is another solution please let me know, too.


share|improve this question
up vote 10 down vote accepted

As far as I know Gimp itself does not have a way to merge/stitch together photos. There are however various plugins which do this. E.g.

Stitch Panorama


There's also Hugin:

Hugin is a separate program (not a Gimp plugin), but produces excellent results.

share|improve this answer
Stitch Panorama sounds good, but how do I install a plug in for Gimp in Mac OS X? – hpy Aug 20 '10 at 22:04
@penyuan: Sorry, no idea. Both plugins are scripts (Python and Scheme respectively), so they should work on any platform. Just try installing them according to the generic plugin installation docs (see e.g. ). Or just try Hugin first; it has an official Mac binary. – sleske Aug 21 '10 at 10:01
+1 for Hugin. I've tried the two panorama plugins but none of them are as convenient as Photoshop's photomerge and, unless I missed something, require a lot of manual work. On the other hand, Hugin produces great results quickly and automatically, and is easy to use. – this.lau_ Aug 10 '14 at 6:54

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .