Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm trying to connect a Windows XP PC (that has no integrated Wi-Fi capability) to my wireless Internet network. I have a spare wireless router (ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 v2) so I was hoping It could connect to the wireless network, and then connect the PC to it through an Ethernet cable. Is this possible? If it is, what's the correct router setup?

share|improve this question

Ah, I've done this one for a friend. Many wireless routers can't do this out of the box. Its called "Bridged Mode". However, if it has this functionality, or you have a router compatible with Tomato or DD-WRT, you can re-flash the firmware on the router to get this functionality.

share|improve this answer

Unfortunately I don't think this would work, as the PC would be only be connecting to the spare wireless router, which creates a different wireless network than the wireless Internet network that you are using right now.

The best thing to do would be to install a WiFi card into your motherboard of the Windows PC, or use a Wireless USB dongle.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .