Let's call the 2TB HDD old install and the 64GB SSD new install... both are running identical Win 7 x64 builds. Here's what I'm thinking:
- Windows Easy Transfer for profile migration
- Map "special folder locations" (desktop, prog files, docs, etc) in the new install to the 2TB drive
- Dump the registry from the old install into backup.reg
- Replace all occurrences of special folders with new locations in backup.reg
- Import backup.reg into the new install.
Has anyone attempted something like this? I've searched to no avail.
Aside: I've pulled something like this off on XP with a bit of troubleshooting. I've thoroughly explored the innards of 95/98/2000/xp and a fair bit of 7x64 so far... tempted to take the leap.