I am in the process of buying a 460 Watt PSU (Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus RS-460-PCAR) to upgrade my computer and be able to run a stronger graphics card. The specs of the PSU is somewhat different from my current PSU and I am scared that it might damage some of the components.
I am running a Dell Optiplex GX270 Pentium 4, 2400 Mhz, 3072 MB (DDR SDRAM) with a standard dell factory PSU.
Please see the difference and tell me whether or not this will be suitable. I have taken this down from my current PSU and as stated by the following website link
100 ~ 127V~/ 6A 200 ~ 240V~/ 3A 50~60Hz
115V/230V; 10A/6A; 60/50Hz
- +3.3V : 18A (Max Output: 150W)
- +5V : 22A (Max Output: 150W)
- +12V : 14A
- -12V : 1A
- +5Vfp : 2A
- MAX OUTPUT POWER 250W
- +3.3V : 22A (Max Output: 165W)
- +5V : 25A (Max Output: 165W)
- +12V1 : 18A (Max Output: 312W)
- +12V2 : 18A (Max Output: 312W)
- -12V : 0.5A (Max Output: 6W)
- +5Vsb : 2.5A (Max Output: 12.5W)
Please assist me in buying the correct PSU. Will this new one damage my current components?