Pretty disastrous really, on Friday I made a few tweaks to some production files, nothing out of the ordinary at all. Today, I cannot open a large number of my own documents.
- I have only one version of CS on my WinXPSP3 machine, CS5
- I created all of the unopenable documents in CS5
- I have edited them above files successfully over the last few months
- Nobody else even tried to open them, let alone actually managed to
- Occassionally when I attempt to open a suspect file, it does actually open and is then fine (like 3 across 28 source files), but mostly I just get the 'Unexpected File Format' error followed by document auto-close.
- I recently uninstalled Flash Player, installed the Adobe 'official' archived Flash Player 7 version to do some version detection testing (oh dear, here we go)
- I also subsequently finished the above testing, uninstalled FP7, reinstalled FP10 (non-debug)
- Chrome fails to launch FP10 plugin occasionally, across a range of sites
Other than the Flash Player un/install business, nothing unusual as stated. It should also probably be noted that the un/installation of the player happened over a week ago, so may be totally unrelated.
Ugh, no source files, awesome Adobe. d