Looking for a new writing and note-taking tool. I plan to use it for creating material for Shadowrun, and misc. creative writing. I would like it to have the following features:
- Keep notes in individual "items", like note entries.
- Easily re-order and organize notes
- Web-based, or runs on a PC
- Print out hard-copy of notes
- Searchable notes
- "Tagging" feature (like stack exchange has)
- Create a link from a note that I can click through to another note (like a wiki link)
- Outline display/easy navigation
- Semantic structuring (like an HTML or Latex document)
- Map feature (thinking of Google Wave's map gadget)
Anyone have a favorite tool they can recommend?
(Re-posted this, couldn't figure out how to migrate it, from: http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/2214/is-there-a-writing-and-note-taking-tool-that-can)