I recently have problems when trying to log in to my MSN account from OS X Leopard. I tried to add my account to Adium, where it worked the 1st time and then on the following boots it just keeps trying to connect without any success. So I installed Messenger:mac in hope it would work better, but the same issue. The 1st time it worked and now, when I wanted to launch it again, it gives me the error message:
Sign in to Microsoft Messenger failed because the service is not available or you may not be connected to the Internet.
Does no one have an answer to this problem?? It still doesn't work. In the meanwhile I tried the following things (with no success):
- complete reset of Adium
- upgraded to the latest beta version of Adium 1.4.b8
- downgraded to Adium 1.3.0 (due to a forum post which claimed MSN works on this version)
- Tried to access with different Windows Live accounts (no success while they work on Windows)
- Completely disabled the Firewall
- Tried to access web messenger (at people.live.com) which worked just fine (also services like Meebo work).
What I found is that if I start Adium with all Live accounts disabled and I log in to webmessenger, then it notifies me that I'm signed in at 2 places. If I shutdown Adium it doesn't... ?!?