Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a newer nvidia video card that uses the mini-hdmi connector along with dual DVI ports. It came with a mini-hdmi-->full size HDMI adapter, but it is this one piece clunky adapter. This will not work with my current case as it interferes with the case when you try to use this one piece adapter. If the adapter was a small 3 inch cable adapter, this would work just fine and would not conflict with my case. Question is, where do I find a mini HDMI --> HDMI adapter that is not a one piece adapter? I contacted the manufacture (MSI) and they said they only had the one style of adapter. I have seen the EVGA cards include the adapter I am talking about, so I know they exist. I am having trouble finding one online though.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Simon Sheehan, Sathya Oct 21 '11 at 6:34

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Just to make sure.. this is mini HDMI and not mini displayport, correct?

You don't have to buy an adapter. They actually sell mini HDMI cables (mini HDMI on one end, full size HDMI on the other) .. check ebay - you can find them cheap.

share|improve this answer
Yes, this is mini-HDMI. Any idea what the longest length available is? – Troggy Sep 8 '10 at 16:16

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .