I have a lot of audio backed up on 1&1 (a web host), as I have a ridiculously large amount of cheap space left over after my websites.
I uploaded these through Wise-FTP directly to my webspace in Binary mode.
I have found that downloading my mp3 files through a browser link work fine, however aac files retrieve nothing more than a 404.
I have tested this with IE, FF and Chrome, but at the end of the day, a 404 is a 404 regardless of browser.
I could convert my aac files to mp3s but would prefer not to. I can find no indication of this on the 1&1 website faqs, and was wondering if anyone could fathom why this would be happening.