I just reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my laptop as my hard disk was giving me some I/O errors so I wanted to format it and start over.
After the whole intall process was completed I was left with a very slugish IE8, although it used to be very fast on the same configuration before the reintall.
When is it slow?
Everytime a feature is used:
- try to open Tools menu
- when opening a new tab
- entering a new address is slow because it takes time to open the addresses history etc
Basically whenever something from its interface is being accessed it freezes for a few moments then comes back. It' VERY annoying.
- I do not want to replace it with another browser, I'm interested in a solution
- I reset its settings from the options menu but to no avail
- I uninstalled then installed IE8 from the Turn Windows Features On or Off menu but to no avail
- I tried running no add-ons version: same.