Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a script, a software or something, with what I will be able to manage the windows and dialogs..for Windows XP?

share|improve this question
since vim is about "modifying text" and handling windows is about .. well .. handling windows, you should explain your idea of "vim for windows" a little bit more. – akira Oct 23 '10 at 12:38
Do you mean modes like "hit B to move between buttons, W to move between windows, T to move between text fields, and I to edit text in the fields"? – CajunLuke Feb 2 '11 at 19:22
@CajunLuke something like that.. – aksr Mar 15 '11 at 19:11

I wonder if you refer to something like AutoIt.
don't see your "modal management" context quite well, hence the doubt.

share|improve this answer
something with modal control like in vim.... – aksr Sep 13 '10 at 13:52
to move windows to find icon etc... – aksr Sep 13 '10 at 13:53
one mode to move windows, other modes for other text edit..or... – aksr Sep 13 '10 at 14:04
something that will manage with windows on global level... – aksr Sep 13 '10 at 14:55
@askr: You don't need four comments. Just use one next time. – Wuffers Apr 17 '11 at 5:42

You could try one of the various blind-accessibility programs (like JAWS). The only interaction method I've heard of that was like that is Apple's VoiceOver accessibility setup for OS X.

The downside is they tend to be expensive (except VoiceOver, which is free, but is OS X-only).

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.