Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've known for a long time that F4 key drops down the list in a combo box(drop down) in windows applications.

In I.E, the address box drops down if you press F4 anywhere in the page. This is NOT what I had expected, though.

However, what I want to know is, in Windows(at least), what is the key combination that will drop down the list of a drop down control(combo box) in a web browser (say, Firefox or Chrome) ?

Thank you,

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

ALT + DOWN does the trick.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.