Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Anyone know how to make this kind of text effect in Photoshop? That pencil sketch effect... alt text

Btw, I took this image from

share|improve this question

migrated from Sep 16 '10 at 11:41

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

Definitely not programming related... – Pekka 웃 Sep 16 '10 at 11:41
Fun thing to try in PS CS5: Remove Beta, select the white area around Ubuntu and inside the b letter, Select -> Fill -> Content-Aware Fill. I have no clue if you are allowed to use the original one though... – Tom Wijsman Sep 16 '10 at 12:08
up vote 1 down vote accepted

The easy way is to just use the same font...

share|improve this answer

It's either 1) just a font that has this texture already OR 2) it's a regular font with a pattern overlay.

If you go to the blending properties of the text layer, there's an option to fill with pattern, "Pattern Overlay". Also, there's probably a 1px stroke that has the same or a slightly lighter colour as the pattern color.

Screen shot

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .