Hi Here's what I want to do.
- I have 6 * 2TB drives connected to my motherboard for storing ONLY media files (music, video, etc.)
- I want to backup all my files as they grow to an external 2TB drive from these 6 drives.
- Once my data amounts to 2TB, I want to plug in another 2TB external drive to which new data is backed up to
- My old 2TB external drive will just get retired until it is needed.
- If I lose one of my internal 2TB drives, I want to rebuild it from the data stored from 1 or more of my external drives. I may have to perform the rebuild in stages as I might be only able to connect one external drive at a time.
- Backups should be incremental
Can Windows 7 do this? In fact, can anything do this?
I have a bad feeling that if I want simple backups of my data, I have to buy 6 external 2TB drives and connect them to my PC and keep a single 1:1 backup relationship between Master & Destination....
Someone tell me there is a better way!!