Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've been switching keyboard layouts in Windows with Alt+Shift. But I want to do it with a single key only (such as ctrl). Is it possible?

share|improve this question

Ctrl is usually taken as a modifier, not as a key.

But you may use a macro product like AutoHotkey, to define a macro that translates one of your Ctrl keys to Alt+Shift.

Or it might be easier to use a keyboard-mapping product such as SharpKeys or KeyTweak :


share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .