Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

hai my amplifier rated an output of 150w, can i connect it to the input of my pc (ordinary sound card, single input)

share|improve this question
This is a duplicate of your previous question. – hotei Dec 28 '10 at 14:08

Doesn't you amplifier has a line-out or headphone output?

If you connect the 150W to the line-in on your sound card, you will probably burn it instantaneously. The input for sound is usually very low.

share|improve this answer
no yaaar....dere isn't any headfone output for my amplifier.. – Vaisakh Sep 18 '10 at 16:34

It can be done. You could put enough resistance in the circuit to get your amp's signal down to something your sound card won't find offensive. BUT - then you've got to find some way to dissipate a LOT of heat coming from that in-line resistance. What you probably want to do instead is split the input to your amp and send that low voltage signal to your PC.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .