I'm using TortoiseSVN to keep revisions of my code. When I commit changes, I take note of what files have changed and upload them to my server using FTP.
Here's my workflow:
- Edit files on local computer (eg. files in C:\Users\Me\web)
- Commit changes to local repository using rightclick-> TortoiseSVN-> SVN Commit.
- Take the files, open FileZilla (FTP client) and upload the files to a remote server.
I was wondering if there was a way in which I could omit step 3 from my workflow. Basically I would like the changed files to be automatically uploaded to the remote server when I commit a version to the repository.
Information about my computer environment:
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with TortoiseSVN x64
- Notepad++ text editor
- Files edited are PHP, CSS, JS, HTML, etc.
- Server is running Linux with PHP 5.2 and MySQL.
- FileZilla is used to upload files. I can connect to the server via SSH if that is needed.
Thank you in advance.