I'm having problems downloading a file to a Windows Server 2003 machine. The file is of type .msi. When visiting the page I get the following message:
Internet Explorer cannot download <filename> from <host>. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.
Here's some details:
- The file is signed with a certificate I trust.
- Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is enabled
- The site I'm downloading from is added to the list of Trusted sites.
- In the Internet Options, I've selected the following options under Trusted Sites - Custom Level:
- Automatic prompting for file downloads: Enable
- File download: Enable
- Launching applications and unsafe files: Prompt
- The site uses https
If I uninstall "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration", the problem goes away. But I don't want to do this.
Any ideas? Is there some option I've missed?