Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'd like to change the way numlock works on my keyboard. What I want is for it to act like caps lock for my number row. His way I can type parens and other characters while programming without having to use shift to get the job done. Anybody have any advice?

share|improve this question

I think it's possible to script this entire thing via the AutoHotKey. Since you're a programmer, it should be easy for you.

And this is a really good idea, thanks! :3

share|improve this answer
Yeah, autoHotKey came to mind but I'm rarely on windows. Trying to decide on a good way to do this on linux and osx as well. Also I'm not sure how this would work as I don't have a ten key pad so numlock actually changes some letters to numbers. I'll have to look and see how you disable that. Great suggestion just not quite what I'm looking for. – Jason Tholstrup Sep 24 '10 at 22:08
@JasonTholstrup should specify OS then – n611x007 Jun 28 '12 at 8:29

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .