Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

I need to view the Google music, but that is restricted in our country. Can I access it using any other fake IP address or how to view that?

share|improve this question

migrated from Sep 30 '10 at 11:01

This question came from our site for system and network administrators.

marked as duplicate by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Tog, nc4pk, Shekhar, Moses Oct 28 '13 at 2:26

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Try the VPN providers Hotspot Shield or HTTP-Tunnel.

As VPN-based solutions, in addition to changing your IP address they also encrypt your Web traffic, so that the local authorities cannot intercept it.

Both providers have free and paid accounts, where the paid ones are faster of course.

share|improve this answer

You can use TOR and its Firefox extension.

To choose the country of exit node, read this link.

share|improve this answer
You can't decide which country-ip you can get, that could still result in getting a banned country. – Naram Sep 30 '10 at 9:40

ProxyFire is a very small program which you can use to change your public IP address by using a number of free public proxies.

share|improve this answer

You need a proxy. You will not change your IP address, you will tell another computer to get the web page for you. You will not be able to chose you IP address, the computer sees, but you can chose the country. Web sites like will give IP address of a proxy server. After you have the IP address you need to tell your web browser to use it. In IE click on tools Internet options then click on connections tab. Click on LAN settings. Check use a proxy server and enter the IP address.

share|improve this answer

Try UltraSurf. It's a speedy proxy that works like magic. With a one or two clicks you'll get a new IP address.

share|improve this answer
I believe the link is broken. – Simon Apr 22 '14 at 19:49

Spotflux provides a managed and trusted connection to the internet that immediately reacts to and protects against emerging threats and unwanted tracking that affect mobile devices and desktop computers.

Mediahint is an extension for the Chrome & Firefox web browsers, that will anonymise your IP address (no configuration necessary).

Hola Unblocker is available for Android, Apple Mac, Windows as well as Chrome & Firefox extensions that will again anonymise your IP address.

share|improve this answer
hola does work like a charm – dermoritz Apr 21 '14 at 15:33

protected by Community Jun 18 '13 at 7:59

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site.

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?