Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
How can I remap a keyboard key?

How do I reassign the AltGr key (or any other key for that matter) to the Windows Key in Windows 7?

Is there a native setting to do that? Or is a third-party solution the only possible way?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, KronoS, BBlake, allquixotic, Windos Nov 5 '12 at 20:59

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 5 down vote accepted

The simpler solution is to re-map the keys, and there's a quick and easy way to do that.

Map Any Key to Any Key on Windows 7 / XP / Vista

share|improve this answer

I guess AutoHotKey would do the job. (Though I don't use it personally, maybe someone else could add more details)

share|improve this answer

You can use sharpkeys to reassign the keys in this way

SharpKeys is a Registry hack that is used to make certain keys on a keyboard act like other keys. For example, if you accidentally hit Caps Lock often, you could use this utility to map Caps Lock to a Shift key or even turn it off completely. This official release includes support for up to 104 mappings, an extensive list of available keys, and a "Type Key" option to help when managing mappings. As it relies on internal support within Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista you must be running one of these OS's for this Registry hack to work.

share|improve this answer

KewyTweak helped as well.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .