Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

i have an image and i want to remove a piece of the middle to make the overall image smaller width.

Is there anyway where i can select a section in the middle and it removes that section and collapses from the left and right ?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

You really ought to know how to manipulate selections to get anywhere in Photoshop.

  1. Select the side of the image you want to move, using the Rectangular Marquee Tool.
  2. Cut (CTRL+X)
  3. Paste (CTRL+V)
  4. Use the Move Tool to move the new layer into place (it should snap into place horizontally)
share|improve this answer
of course . . just had a brain freeze – leora Oct 3 '10 at 17:20

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.